About The Products
MarineMat™, Marine Decking Solutions
- MarineMat™ takes on the harshest of marine environments while offering superior comfort and durability over other decking solutions. With a large variety of textures, colors and designs on the market, combined with quick and easy installation, MarineMat is an ideal decking replacement product for any type of boat, ranging from megayachts to runabouts to sailboats.
- Tested in a strict lab environment emulating real-world conditions, MarineMat's closed-cell EVA foam is UV stable, so it won't fade in direct sunlight and is extremely resistant to stains, mold and mildew while staying soft and comfortable to stand on. MarineMat stays cool to the touch and provides shock-absorbing cushion, making your time on the water more enjoyable whether your an avid fisherman, standing for long periods of time or are simply having a relaxing day catching some rays.
- MarineMat's design team works closely with the boat owner to create a dramatic, one-of-a-kind look by discussing colors, textures and even adding custom logos, artwork or patterns into the material. Whether wet or dry, MarineMat offers excellent traction for safety and comfort when moving around on the boat. Each texture, whether dimpled, brushed or solid is easy-to-clean and comes with a 3-year warranty.
View Gallery of installed MarineMat™ | Just a few of our recent installations
PlasDeck™, Synthetic Teak Flooring & Decking
- PlasDECK is a great alternative to solid teak and has become very popular in the marine industry.
- It's a no maintenance product that looks like teak and is a non skid material.
- PlasDECK doesn't come in just teak but in a variety of colors: Classic black line - Off white - Cool teak - Silver matalic - Ebony.
- So if your looking for a maintenance free deck that looks great for years to come then PLasDECK is your right choice.
- Skene Marine will make a template/pattern of your deck so your new decking fits right.
View Gallery of installed Synthetic Teak | Just a few of our recent installations
Why Use Synthetic Flooring? | Top reasons to consider Synthetic Flooring.
Infinity Fabrics, Luxury Woven Vinyl
- Meet Infinity Fabrics & Luxury Woven Viny. Making the good life better is what we do. And we’ve done it with innovative flooring that is breathtaking and performs beautifully.
- It’s better because it resists wear, fading, soil, and mold in settings where performance is essential.
- It’s revolutionary. It’s spectacular. It’s here.
View Gallery of installed Infinity Fabrics and Woven Vinyl | Just a few of our recent installations
- Amtico Marine: Amtico Marine Vinyl Flooring Developed to meet the needs of customers operating within the stringent fire safety requirements of the International Maritime Organization, Amtico Marine products offer an unrivalled reputation for aesthetics, high performance, design flexibility and easy maintenance.
- Engineered flooring: Engineered flooring has become more an more popular with today's boaters, getting rid of those dirty stained mildew carpets that never seem to come clean even after steam cleaning.
- Engineered flooring does not expand or contract like solid wood flooring, causing buckling due to the changing temperatures and humidity
- Engineered flooring is not effected with temperature or humidity change making it the popular interior flooring choice
- Looks rich and beautiful and is very durable.
- It's not laminate flooring but made with actual wood and finishes.
- So if your tired of those messy carpets then check out all the choices that this flooring has to offers at your local flooring or building store.
- just select the floor you like and let Skene Marine Decking and Flooring do the rest.
View Gallery of installed Engineered Intarior Flooring | Just a few of our recent installations
- Teak is the world's most valuable and versatile hardwood.
- It's often referred to as the “King of Woods”.
- It is extremely durable and develops a unique non-skid property underfoot, even when wet.
- It is highly rot resistant and rarely warps or cracks.
- If not treated, some prefer the wood to turn grey/silver over time but if you like the natural color of teak then it has to be maintained.
- In order to maintain the wood you must treat with teak oil once or twice a season, if left to long between treatments a two part deck wash is available to bring back the natural color of the wood.
- If needed the deck wash is an easy do it your self application, a light sand may be needed before re-applying teak oil.
- Skene Marine will be happy to answer any questions you may have just give us a call.
- Teak is perfect for yacht decks because it is strong and elastic and once seasoned, it holds its shape. As it weathers, new teak decking gradually turns gray or silver
View Gallery of installed Teak Decks | Just a few of our recent installations
Frequently Asked Questions
Some answers that will help you make a decision.